Job Description: In more detail, some of the key accountabilities are:
- Carbon & Sustainability Ambitions and Aims: Lead on the co-ordination of bp’s activity to deliver on the NOJV parts of its Carbon and Sustainability Ambition and Aims and wider Sustainable fit in support to VP C&S.
- Lead NOJV C&S and NOJV GHG’s emission reporting and verification approach.
- Supports coordination and performance management of relevant Sustainability plans.
- Lead the coordination and development of Carbon and Sustainability influencing plans in collaboration with our bp NOJV shareholder teams
- Lead on the development of C&S training offer tailored to bp’s NOJV shareholder community.
- Industry collaborations: work with VP C&S to provide support in bp’s engagements with NOJV partners and industry bodies
- Implement bp’s NOJV Oil and Gas Methane Partnership (OGMP) implementation plan
- NOJV C&S Systems and Processes: support the development and coordination of implementation of the NOJV Carbon & Sustainability systems, guides and tools for the full life cycle of Business development, Project, operational phase and Decommissioning.
- Track and assure progress of NOJVs against C&S ambitions
About you: You will have a Degree in a Carbon or Sustainability related discipline, Engineering or Science. It would be essential that you have:
- Passion and drive relating to decarbonisation and care for our planet and people.
- Deep technical experience in a Carbon or Sustainability role with knowledge of Carbon & Sustainability and regulatory systems, standards, and policy in the energy industry.
- Strong GHG, Carbone and Methane skill
- Strong people skills, influencing skills and emotional intelligence.
Why join us? At bp, we provide a phenomenal environment and benefits such as an open and inclusive culture, a great work-life balance, tremendous learning and development opportunities to craft your career path, life and health insurance, medical care package and many others! Diversity sits at the heart of our company and as an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour , national origin, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Reinvent your career as you help our business to meet the challenges of the future. Apply today !Travel Requirement :Up to 25% travel should be expected with this role Relocation Assistance: This role is not eligible for relocation Remote Type: This position is a hybrid of office/remote working Skills: Air quality management, Biodiversity management, Carbon Management, Chemical hazard management, Community Engagement, Environmental legal compliance, Environmental management, Environment and Social Group Reporting, Environment and Social Project Compliance Analysis, Labour rights and modern slavery, Noise emissions management, Remediation Management, Social Impact Management, Social Sustainability, Waste Management, Water Management Legal Disclaimer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation related to bp’s recruiting process (e.g., accessing the job application, completing required assessments, participating in telephone screenings or interviews, etc.). If you would like to request an accommodation related to the recruitment process, please contact us to request accommodations. If you are selected for a position and depending upon your role, your employment may be contingent upon adherence to local policy. This may include pre-placement drug screening, medical review of physical fitness for the role, and background checks.