مستشار استدامة رئيسي – Principal Sustainability Consultant
- دوام كامل
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies. Atkins Strategic Advisory team combines management consulting, advisory and technical capabilities to help clients solve complex front-end problems in the built environment.
There is an increasing demand for environmental and sustainability consultancy services within the Middle East, to support the growth of community development and infrastructure projects in real estate, government, utilities (energy, water and waste) and transport sectors. Our clients in these built environment sectors need Sustainability and Net Zero Carbon strategies at the project level, corporate portfolio, and organisational levels.
An exciting opportunity in Atkins is available for a passionate and motivated Principal Sustainability Consultant to develop our Sustainability Design team. Working under the guidance of our Senior Manager in the Middle East, you will be collaborating with our existing Sustainable Design team based in the United Arab Emirates to develop the MENA offering, building on your specialised technical knowledge whilst working on the design of some of the most exciting projects in the region. The position is ideal for the suitable individual to work with a new and exciting sustainability team for the MENA market through pro-active engagement with Atkin’s global offices and clients as well as developing new relationships in the region.
- Drive improved carbon performance using a programmatic approach to develop and implement repeatable solutions.
- Lead workshops with key client stakeholders to understand their current state of play across the pipeline, ‘ in flight’ projects, and operational buildings.
- Manage, monitor and control the sustainability certification projects to assure delivery against Client targets.
- Lead strategic projects with large corporate clients to build and implement ambitious carbon reduction programmes that enable clients to achieve their Net Zero commitments.
- Lead and manage all or part of a net zero programme – you will work at either a macro or functional level depending on the needs of the programme itself
- Develop the ways of working that define an environment for successful delivery
- Support the day-to-day operational management of the sustainability team and you will also be required to support the achievement of our strategic goals).
- Support the development of programme processes and systems that enable efficient data collection, management, and benchmarking
- Mentor junior team members to help develop technical and soft skills within the team.
- Support business development activities with new and existing clients, including bid writing
- Support the ongoing development of our services, toolkits and capability build
- The successful candidate will be educated to a degree / higher degree level in a relevant subject (Engineering, Sustainable Energy, Building Services Engineering, Sustainable Development etc.) and will have achieved, chartered status and/or full or fellow membership of a recognised relevant professional body.
- 10+ years’ experience across the fields of sustainability and energy in buildings, including project management and business development experience.
- Possess strong carbon and net zero related expertise; a wide range of skill sets and a willingness to become involved in a broad selection of projects.
- Able to scope retrofit projects and identify potential technical solutions, including working to develop a costed decarbonisation roadmap for building assets and estates.
- Able to lead sustainability and building physics projects through the full project life cycle including analysis to support:
- NZEB, Low/Net Zero Carbon/Energy Building design strategies.
- Green building certifications (LEED, WELL & ILFI)
- Building life-cycle assessments (particularly operational carbon aspects).
- Predictive energy assessments.
- Experienced in tackling multidisciplinary consultancy or service projects that cross the boundaries between traditional engineering and other disciplines, such as IT, urban planning, and engineering.
- Experience in leading projects involving building sustainability certification appraisals (BREEAM, LEED), carbon footprints, building energy audits, carbon management services, climate change assessments, net zero transitions (embodied or net zero operational buildings), or related services
- Must have at least one of the following credentials:
- LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) with speciality (BD+C, ID+C, O+M, ND, Homes)
- WELL Accredited Professional
- BERDE Certified Professional
- Low Carbon Consultant/Low Carbon Assessor
- Residential/Commercial Energy Auditor
- Other credentials focused on sustainability and sustainable development.
- Excellent analytic and communication skills – we believe in the use of quality data to drive objective decision-making.
- Be highly self-motivated, possessing strong enthusiasm and commitment to delivering sustainable outcomes.
- Be flexible, adaptable and prepared to take on new challenges and work from other Atkins or client office locations.
- Have strong report writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Have experience with emerging carbon and net zero regulations, guidance and standards.
- Knowledgeable of international regulatory frameworks, guidance and standards would be an advantage.
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Annual leave
- Medical insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
Employee Assistance Program – 24-hour free advice on financial, legal, and family care specialists and access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants.