Electrical Engineer (Solar Energy Systems) -مهندس كهرباء (أنظمة الطاقة الشمسية)
- عقد مؤقت
The EE-SES shall be responsible for ensuring optimized designs of Electrical/ Solar Systems and supervision and related documentation of projects that are to be carried out on time as per the assigned tasks. The EE-SES will report directly to the Project Manager or the Head of Program.
The functions/duties/key results of the assignment
The EE-SES shall coordinate any support to the tasks assigned to him/her (designs, supervision, commissioning and related documentation works, etc..).
The EE-SES shall provide his/her technical expertise as required to perform and coordinate any pertinent electrical, solar and renewable energy systems designs assigned to him/her.
He/she is responsible for ensuring high quality design documentation, effectiveness, transparency, and integrity and assisting in ensuring that the site works are carried out on time and within the allocated budget. The tasks would involve, but not limited to, the following:
- Participate in the design of electrical, solar and renewable energy systems’;
- Assist in producing Terms of References for Consultancy Services; designs, Electrical Drawings, Technical Specifications, Scope of Works, Bills of Quantities, Cost Estimations, Design Calculations, related reports for Works and Supply of Goods Contracts;
- Assist the Project Manager in the preparation of Tender Documents (Concerned with Consultancies, Supply of Goods, and Works) and participate in the evaluation of Proposals;
- , through the Project Manager, and/or Head of Program, with other Project Team members (Architects, Engineers, Draftsperson and Quantity Surveyors, etc..) in the planning of projects, scheduling of tasks and developing an integrated design;
- Assist in monitoring and supervising and execution of contracts to ensure adherence with the signed contracts, high international quality standards and UNOPS requirements; and
- Any other relevant task that might be assigned to the Electrical/ Solar Energy Engineer.
Specifically, the Electrical/ Solar Energy Engineer will be responsible for the following substantive tasks:
- Assist in conducting needs assessment activities to identify and select beneficiaries of the project;
- Assist in the preparation of design briefs, design reports, documentations, calculations, drawings, specifications, schedules and other project documents of solar/ electrical engineering systems for projects in accordance with the pertinent international standards and codes and good engineering practices;
- Perform the tasks in accordance with the applicable Quality Assurance (QA)/Quality Control (QC) protocols and regulations and requirements;
- Produce high quality Auto CAD drawings;
- Assist in keeping files for all site memos and instructions, measuring quantities of work and material on site;
- Provide the Project Manager and Project team with all information to execute the project in a timely manner, highlight possible late delivery prior to the event and within the budget allocated;
- Assist in the preparation of Project Schedules (utilizing Primavera , MS Project , etc.,), and assist in performing periodic updates and revisions of the schedules to meet the targets;
- Assist in preparing daily, weekly, monthly reports;
- Assist in reviewing progress and financial reports (invoices) submitted by consultant/ suppliers/ contractors and recommend to the Project Manager the release of payments after performing technical assessment and verification and quantity surveying;
- Assist in: carrying out technical reviews (of the Consultants’, Suppliers’, or Contractors’ Technical Submittals, Materials catalog sheets, Shop Drawings, As-Built Drawings, reports, deliverables, etc..), site inspections, assessments, quantity surveying and preparing reports as required and providing advice on suitable alterations, and guiding contractors on all related issues, and ensuring that they meet the high standards expected by UNOPS, while delivering the projects within the set time and budget constraints; and
- Assist in coordinating and planning of testing, commissioning, training and handover of systems deliverables to clients and beneficiaries.
- Assist in archiving and documenting Electrical/solar Energy design and engineering related material archiving; and
- Assist in performing scheduling requested tasks related to the projects.
Deliver delegated tasks by the supervisor on time and as per the required cost and quality parameters. Ensure that projects design and construction are prepared and performed with high quality, while observing the applicable local, international and UN standards and ensure adherence to relevant Health, Safety, Security and Environmental procedures.
- Scheduling and Planning
- Cost Control
- Quality Control
- Construction- Contract Management- General
- Solar Energy
- Report writing
- Energy Audit and Economics
- Consulting/ Advisory Services
- Project Management
- Bachelor Degree preferably in Electrical Engineering.
- Membership of the Lebanese Order of Engineers (Beirut or Tripoli) is required.
- Possession of Project Management Certificates is an asset.
- General professional experience: At least 2 (two) years in Power Generation (Conventional Technologies); or Low Voltage and Medium Voltage Networks is required.
- Within these 2 years, professional experience in the preparation of design documents (Drawings, Technical Specification, Bills of Quantities, Cost Estimations, etc..); and/or implementation supervision of grid connected and/or Hybrid Solar PV Projects (minimum capacity of 100KWp) preferably with Storage Systems; and/or Solar PV Software (PV-Sol / PVSYS) is required.
- Experience in computer design software, particularly “AutoCAD” (latest Version) or equivalent is required.
- Experience in Lebanon or Developing countries in the field of Hybrid Solar PV Projects, is an asset.
- Experience in computer scheduling software, particularly Primavera and/or MS Projects is an asset.
- Experience in Solar PV Software (PV-Sol / PVSYS) is an asset.
- Demonstrated computer ability in using Electrical Engineering design software and Applications is an asset.
- Demonstrated computer ability in using Google Suite applications is an asset.
- Work Experience with an international organization and/or UN Agencies is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Arabic are required.
- Working knowledge of the French Language is an asset.
- Certified Solar Energy Engineer is an asset