About the job
What You Will Do
The Energy Audit Engineer is a key role directly reporting to the Project Development Manager. You will be based in Dubai to driving the business growth of Energy Solutions in the GCC region. As an Energy Audit Engineer of Energy Solutions, you will perform energy assessments, determine improvement areas, perform measurements, provide documentation of the recommended energy conservation measures, and calculate and verify savings. Work closely with the Sales team for the technical and commercial development of Energy Solutions and Proposals.
How You Will Do It
As an experienced Energy Audit Engineer for Energy Solutions, you will be;
- Conducting on-site walk-through audits and field observations, collecting energy efficiency data, and analyzing the process of energy efficiency (ASHRAE Level 1 Audit)
- Inspect energy systems for HVAC and Controls systems to determine energy use or potential energy savings, also identify high energy consumption sources and design, develop and recommend, energy-efficient solutions. Prepare the Techno-Commercial offer, provide sales team technical assistance and guidance.
- Gather key project parameters such as operating times, flows, energy consumption, temperatures, system operating characteristics, etc. Investigate, analyze, and document energy conservation and water cost reduction measures (ASHRAE Level 2 Audit)
- Conduct detailed engineering analysis including baseline profiles and retrofit analysis. Design of ECMs, specifications, bill of quantities and sequences of operation, and prepare and present technical content, proposals, analysis, and Energy calculations (ASHRAE Level 3 Audit)
- Identify shortfalls in the projects and mitigate the associated risks. Participate in peer-to-peer review for engineering analyses and project costing, and various facets of energy auditing, energy calculations, and generating detailed energy reports regarding savings opportunities.
- Create and develop M&V and project reports. Draft client proposal as a byproduct of cost/benefit analysis, and technical review and analysis as it relates to benefit and cost analysis.
- Arrange quotations from sub-vendors and sub-contractors, estimating in-house product costs and estimating costs for engineering, labor and project management.
- Take initiative to understand and learn about existing and new energy-saving technologies and calculate and analyze the energy savings they create.
- Understands the full range of JCI offerings and their applications in customer solutions and Liaise with the vendors, supplies and clients for filed activities.
- Responsible for the promotion and adherence of JCI safety policies
What we look for
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical/Electrical/Energy Engineering
- Minimum 3-5 years’ of experience in Energy Performance Contracts/Energy Solutions Projects
- Energy auditing experience, and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet project deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, interpersonal, and presentation skills are required.
- Strong communication, organizational, and planning skills.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and attention to detail.
- Ability to travel.