About the job
Mavenir is building the future of networks and pioneering advanced technology, focusing on the vision of a single, software-based automated network that runs on any cloud. As the industry’s only end-to-end, cloud-native network software provider, Mavenir is transforming the way the world connects, accelerating software network transformation for 250+ Communications Service Providers in over 120 countries, which serve more than 50% of the world’s subscribers.
We have a new position in our European team for a senior presales technical solutions professional with detailed experience in 5G radio and/or packet core. This is a strategic role within the EMEA regional sales team to promote Mavenir’s 4G and 5G Cloud Native solutions.
Mavenir is uniquely positioned as a market leader of fully Cloud Native solutions. We have a history of winning business with innovative software based solutions to major customers within EMEA. The role is at the forefront of new technology and large customer projects. The role is pivotal in moving the industry towards modern Cloud-Native solutions. The role requires direct interaction with R&D to ensure the continued development of our solutions and influencing the direction of the customer proposition.
This position is based in Dubai with potential to support customers across the Mavenir EMEA region. The successful candidate will work closely within a small team, & report to the VP Technology Solutions MEAP as part of the wider EMEA team.
The successful candidate will have either a successful track record in technical pre-sales in the wireless telecommunications industry (RAN/Core/IMS market) and/or a successful track record in technical design/strategy development in the wireless telecommunications industry either in standards bodies or the customer community. Previous experience in 5G core/IMS or RAN design/strategy departments will be considered beneficial to the application as will experience in designing advanced 5G E2E network solutions. Knowledge of initiatives and developments of future 5G Core (and RAN) development would be an advantage.
- Lead the technical pre sale effort in the definition and refinement of Mavenir’s Cloud Native Kubernetes based Network Core
- Lead the technical pre sale effort in the definition?) and refinement of Mavenir’s Cloud Native Kubernetes based RAN, and small cell vision and strategy
- Assist sales team in all phases of the selling process.
- Interact with internal and external customers.
- Work with Account managers to identify/qualify customer & prospect opportunities & define requirements
- Work with Product Managers to reflect customer requirements in feature set & road map
- Lead, manage & provide direct technical input to customer RFXs.
- Understand pricing mechanisms and support sales team in building commercial proposals.
- Maintain contact and open communication with customers to assist with future needs.
- Be the prime technical lead in tender submissions .
- Preparation of technical sales materials including collateral, quotation, timeline, project plan and solution proposals.
- Lead Proof of Concept (POC) activities with customers
- Create content to support the technical strength of the Mavenir solutions strategy
- Excellent understanding of the virtualised EPC and 5G Core market including vendors/products/key attributes
- Excellent understanding of LTE 4G & 5G wireless technologies
- Excellent understanding of small cell market including vendors/products/key attributes
- Good understanding of operator core and IT networks including IT/OSS integration requirements for commercial rollout of EPC, 5G Core and small cell service
- Good understanding of cloud native technologies in carrier grade environments (container based)
- Good understanding of the 3GPP and xRAN/oRAN standards bodies.
- Good understanding of the RAN (2/3/4/5G) development and how this impacts future network core designs
- Good understanding of the technology and deployment methods used to support VoNR, VoLTE & VoWiFi.
- Good understanding of the move to virtualise core network elements and how this impacts performance and cost.
- Highly proficient listener & consultative sales style with the ability to shape customer thinking
- Excellent communications skills in verbal, written and presentation forms at senior levels
- Acute attention to detail & organization
- Energetic and creative with an upbeat, positive attitude
- A team player who works well with others, who has strong influencing skills, and is creative and entrepreneurial
- Significant, proven and demonstratable cellular wireless industry experience
- Excellent presentation and workshop hosting skills with the ability to influence the customer senior technology teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Fluent in English
Mavenir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you require any assistance, please state in your application or contact your recruiter.
Mavenir is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes qualified applicants from around the world, regardless of their ethnicity, gender, religion, nationality, age, disability, or other legally protected status.