About the job
Job Purpose :
To execute business development activities for the allocated project bids, including assisting in identifying, evaluating, and developing new opportunities, identifying and sourcing potential partners for the project and developing suitable and compliant bids with inputs from various functions, in order to contribute to the Company’s growth, while ensuring project requirement are met and processes & procedures are adhered to.
Role will also include physical preparation of bid preparation and working with multiple functions to deliver competitive bids. Must also be able to interact with utility market stakeholders and be up-to-date with recent developments and news in the industry
Key responsibilities :
- Coordinate with various functions/ teams, EPC, O&M contractors, partners, etc. as required, for their feedback and to compile the required information and documentation to assist in bid preparation while ensuring it meets the RFP requirements.
- Provide support in developing the technical and financial bids based on the documentation, inputs and feedback received from various stakeholders, to ensure alignment with the requirements while adhering to quality standards
Closing of deals
- On completion, coordinate with the Asset’s team / EPC Contractors on all legal and project documentation to ensure smooth transfer of information for further implementation of the project.
Feasibility Studies of Business Opportunity
- Assist in conducting basic financial feasibility analysis in collaboration with the Corporate and Project Finance teams, and provide findings to the line manager, in order to support in the preliminary analysis.
- Support the BD team in conducting market research and analysis, to enable identification of potential partners, contractors and suppliers, technical advisors, 3rd party auditors, etc. and to enable selection of suitable technologies, which can add value to the Company and perform the projected work
- Coordinate and communicate on a regular basis with government agencies, core partners, potential partners, EPC contractor companies, O & M companies, equipment suppliers, service providers, Chinese contractors, etc. as required, to ensure all parties are kept informed.
- Support in coordination with Corporate and Project Finance teams regarding the selection and negotiations with the lenders, partners, Mandated Lead Arranger (MLA) based on consideration of relevant factors in order for the facilities to be used.
Policies, Processes, Systems & Procedures
- Implement approved departmental policies, processes, and procedures, and ensure employee adherence so that work is carried out to the required standard.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Engineering, Finance, Economics, or related field
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in the area of Project Business Development in relevant area
- Extensive knowledge of and exposure to specific area and industry
- Good business and financial analysis skills
- Ability to conduct frequent travels
- Good understanding of IPPs / IWPs / PPPs structures and risk transfer frameworks
- Commercially astute, and able to structure a bid to present the offer in the best light whilst minimizing risk to the business
- A pro-active high achiever with high energy levels, who is used to working under pressure and to tight/challenging deadlines
- Thorough understanding of the business value chain
- Thorough attention to detail
- Ability to originate and build relationships at senior level with clients, our co-investment partners, the technology provider, and EPC Contractor
- Good understanding of technical, legal and project finance knowledge