About the job
Job Description: Solar/Renewable Energy Engineer
The Solar Engineer is responsible for providing innovative and comprehensive solutions in design engineering for commercial and utility-scale solar photovoltaic projects. Solar engineers work in a collaborative, team-based environment.
DUTIES, TASKS, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work closely with Sales and Engineering to offer the best solution for each project.
• Complete Helioscope design requests from Sales and Engineering.
• Complete interconnection drawings, single line diagrams, bid sets, construction sets, and as-built drawings
for all solar projects.
• Work with project development and implementation teams.
• Communicate with vendors and subcontractors throughout project development and implementation.
• Assist our Performance Assurance group with system performance monitoring.
• Visit job sites for project development, installation progress, punch-outs, etc.
• Attend customer meetings and presentations throughout the sales cycle, if necessary.