Research & Development Engineer – Switches & Socket – مهندس بحث وتطوير – مفاتيح ومقبس
- دوام كامل
This Position exists to perfrom products reseaarch and development tasks efficiently, in timely manner and quality standards as per the defined policies and procedures to achieve departmental operational plans and developments.
- Technical Benchmarking of competitor products and identification of product features / specifications.
- Material selection and development of different parts required in new product development.
- Pre-Mold Flow Analysis, Finite Element Analysis, Mathematical Modelling.
- New Material Development as per stage gate process – Coordination between all the cross functions.
- Ensure safe and healthy work atmosphere, maintain 6S in work area and following good safety & housekeeping practices in the department Design Office and Stores.
- Develop applications with Engineering Thermoplastics, Performance polymers, Rubbers and elastomers materials for electrical insulation and structural performance of parts.
- Modifications and characterization of new and existing polymers that will be used to enhance the performance & quality.
- Develop collaborative relationships with raw materials suppliers, industry experts to develop alternate materials solutions, material formulations, alternate suppliers’ development for single source supplier.
- Support to Supply Chain to meet needs of production bottlenecks & change proposals due to material shortage, changes in environmental and regulatory compliance, supplier’s homologation or discontinuation of materials, technology changes.
- Ensure materials compliance to national, international legal with environmental, health and safety standards (SASO, IEC, RoHS, REACH, WEEE directives).
- Work on enhancement of material properties and develop applications based on technical inputs from internal and external customers to meet quality requirements.
- Prepare technical presentation to teams, management and partners updated with the latest technology.
- Research and develop new materials technologies which could be applied to product designs for improved performance and differentiation.
- Training of sub-ordinates and forming a team to get the work effectively.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and direction to subordinates in all aspects of their work.
- Delegate sub-ordinates in each respective assignment.
- Ensures fair distribution of tasks to maintain morale, motivation of subordinates.
- Perform the planned activities to meet the operational and development targets as per delivery schedules.
- Utilize resources effectively to achieve objectives within efficient cost and time.
- Provide a periodic report formatted by detailing the deviation and execution of planned tasks.
- Resolve any related problems arise and escalate any complex operational issues.
- Ensure quality requirements to develop effective quality control and processes including specifications for products or processes or related activities.
- Coordinate well-defined written systems, policies, procedures, and seeking automations opportunities as much as possible.
- Comply to related policy and procedures and work instructions.
- Ensure compliance of relevant safety, quality, and environmental management procedures and controls within defined area of work activity to guarantee safety, legislative compliance, and delivery of high-quality products/services.
Academic Qualification Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering Work Experience 4 to 6 Years Technical / Functional Competencies Safety Hand/Power Tool Proficiency Schematics and Diagrams Trouble shooting
نظرة عامة على الوظيفة