Senior Consultant/Engineer Energy Storage – مستشار أول/ مهندس أنظمة تخزين الطاقة
- دوام كامل
Local Unit & Position Description Do you want to join the world’s leading energy consulting firm? Are you committed to addressing climate change? Do you enjoy collaborating with colleagues and clients, and thrive in a dynamic and respectful environment? Then you may find the position of Senior Consultant Energy Storage to be a great fit for you! You’d be part of the Southern Europe, Middle East, Latin America, and Africa (SEMELA) energy storage team, working closely with our colleagues in the Solar teams as a single Section in this region. You will be working with diverse customers and colleagues and the role offers an opportunity to be involved in other energy technology related projects. DNV is the world’s leading renewable energy consultant, and DNV’s SEMELA Storage Team is growing quickly to meet the expanding demand for expert energy storage advisory services in the region. We support utilities, regulators, developers, owners and lenders with feasibility studies, technical due diligence, conceptual design & procurement support, and independent technical advisory services for either owner, lender or off taker/procurer/regulator. In this role you will have a dual responsibility, focusing on both helping with the delivery of (mostly) energy storage related projects and driving business development for energy storage related opportunities in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region. You would be the technical expert supporting your colleagues in the team with your knowledge on energy storage technologies, technical due diligence, conceptual design, technical specifications, procurement support, EPC/O&M contract review, design review, construction progress monitoring, testing and commissioning across the SEMELA region. Most of the work will be desk based, but (international) travel for site and customer visits will be required at times (estimated at 5% to 20% of your time, depending on the projects you are involved in).
Main duties will include but are not limited to:
- Execute or manage (battery) energy storage related projects, including technology review, technical due diligence, conceptual design, technical specifications, procurement support, EPC/O&M contract review, design review, construction progress monitoring, testing and commissioning, report writing, presentations, courses, etc.
- Work the majority of your time on chargeable projects.
- Extend your external network and identify, drive and facilitate sales and market led opportunities for energy storage e.g. generating leads, quality proposals and closing deals in cooperation with the Market Area Managers for the region.
- Analyze new business opportunities, gather market intelligence and ensure distribution of knowledge amongst relevant colleagues.
- Achieve sales as per targets agreed with the Storage Team Lead.
- Build an internal network to gain and share knowledge and opportunities.
- Master’s degree in a relevant subject
- 8+ years’ experience in the (renewable) energy sector, of which 5+ years providing consultancy services and 2+ years in the area of energy storage systems and applications
- Technical expertise in battery energy storage technology, electrical balance of plant design & specifications
- Dynamic and enthusiastic team player – co-operates will with others, shares knowledge, experience and information, and supports others in pursuit of team goals
- Delivery and Results – completes tasks in accordance with expectations and schedule and with strong attention to details, understanding task urgency; able to juggle and manage conflicting work priorities to ensure deadlines are met. Drives ideas to implementation and execution in a timely manner, is willing to periodically work longer hours when the situation demands it
- Analysis and judgement – quickly understands and analyses problems & complex issues, provides sound and rational judgements. Demonstrates methodical and systematic approach, plans ahead and prioritises tasks effectively
- Networking – builds good personal and professional relationships. Experience of building long-term client relationships
- Communicates and influences in a clear, open, active and honest manner (verbal and written) and seeks understanding of other views
- Proven ability to produce clear written reports and communicate verbally in English
- Good IT skills, and experienced in using MS Office suite packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Desirable qualifications include:
- Project development or EPC experience with energy storage or renewables
- Knowledge of transmission & distribution networks and experience in load flow modelling
- Knowledge of renewables (wind, PV) technology & project development
- Familiarity with contracts (construction, supply, operations, interconnection, offtake, and/or asset management contracts).
Company & Business Area Description DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions. We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world’s leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system. Equal Opportunity Statement DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!