Senior Engineer Power System Studies- مهندس أول في دراسات أنظمة الطاقة
- دوام كامل
- NEOM ENOWA is seeking to recruit an experienced real-time modelling and simulation engineer. The candidate must have at least an MSc or PhD degree in power electronics. The preferred candidate must have a detailed understanding of control, modelling and simulation of modern MVDC and HVDC converters and distribution & transmission systems; grid integration of renewable power generations; and real-time validation of control and protection systems.
- The successful candidate will be expected to work closely with the industry and develop bespoke solutions that enable the safe and reliable operation of the NEOM energy system from 100% renewable power generations.
- Besides the above technical competencies, interpersonal and communication skills, teamwork, and the ability to work independently or with minimum supervision are essential for the role.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the design and implementation of NEOM’s energy system infrastructures, guided by simple principle of the best overall performance at the lowest costs.
- Work closely with team of engineers at NEOM, OEMs, consulting firms, TSO, DSO and wider industry, and can review studies and assesses technical options presented to NEOM
- Support Grid Topology & Projects’ teams throughout project lifecycle stages starting from the Strategic Definition stage to Operation and Maintenance Stage
- To be part of in-house expertise in modeling, control and simulations, which will be responsible for initiation and development of bespoke solutions for challenges that may emerge during system design, implementation and future modifications/expansions.
- Contribute to commissioning stage of HVDC, MVDC and FACT projects, reviewing of factory acceptance test, equipment and system performance and compliance reports.
- Contribute technical discussions and presentation of team positions in project meetings, , and coordinating external partners.
Interfacing with government agencies and investors
- Support development of NEOM Grid Code in collaboration with local and international organizations, in which rigorous modelling and simulations will be used to quantitatively validate some of the unique code.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- MSc in electrical engineering with a minimum of 6 years of work experience; or
- PhD in electrical engineering with a minimum of 4 years of working experience.
- Excellent understanding of power systems, power electronics and renewable generation technologies, and familiar with energy storage technologies and various applications in 100% renewable and NetZero grids.
- Experience in power system analysis tools, fundamental frequency RMS, dynamic phasor model and EMT. Knowledge of real-time simulation tools which include hardware-in-loop (HIL) and software-in-loop (SIL) setup and interfacing with physical equipment will be an advantage.
- Good theoretical and practical understandings of modern power systems which include HVDC and FACTs devices, PV inverters, wind generators, battery energy storage systems are required.
- Ability to develop custom component models is essential.
- Experience in both off-line and real-time simulation tools such as PSS/E, DigSient, PSCAD, EMPT-RV, MATLAB-Simulink, RSCAD (RTDS) and RT-LAB (OPAL-RT).
- C/C++, Python and Fortran, code generation and creation of dynamic link library (DLLs) for models reuse.
- Grid integration of renewable power generations.
- Ability to write clear and well-structured technical reports and ability to communicate complex technical subjects to stakeholders.