Senior Manager, Business Development- Green Hydrogen – مدير اول لتطوير أعمال الهيدروجين الأخضر
- دوام كامل
Business development and growth of the green hydrogen energy project portfolio:
• Identify, attract and develop investment opportunities in green hydrogen projects in accordance with the green hydrogen strategy, business plan and overall Masdar strategy.
• Manage the Business Development process, customer engagement plan, bid tactics and internal alignment.
• Manage and work on business development opportunities at a regional and international level, screening potential business deals by analysing market strategies, deal requirements, potential and financials while also evaluating options, resolving internal priorities and recommending equity investments.
• Originate, structure, and negotiate green hydrogen projects and partnership deals with relevant stakeholders.
• Create a healthy pipeline of viable project opportunities (local/global) that is prioritised based on financial impact and strategic implications (incl. target investors/stakeholders and target technologies).
• Develop negotiating strategies and positions by studying the integration of new ventures with company strategies and operations, examining risks and potentials, and identifying partners’ needs and goals.
• Prepare the financial business case that captures CAPEX & OPEX, profit sensitivity analysis, financial KPIs (ROI, Payback period, NPV etc.).
• Contribute to the end-to-end investment cycle including the identification of strategic opportunities, development of business cases, negotiation of strategic deals, structuring and execution of deals, and closing of deals, while ensuring effective financial and commercial governance, return on investment, due diligence, and commercial risk assessments.
• Ensure management buy-in in commercial positions and recommend suitable solutions and way forward during negotiations and finalization of agreements.
• Collect and perform market intelligence
Project development activities:
• Perform and coordinate project development activities for green hydrogen projects (including land acquisition, permitting and regulatory compliance).
• Ensure complete and effective handover of fully developed renewable energy projects to project delivery teams.
• Contribute to the development of projects through providing advice and inputs from a business development perspective, liaising with project and technical teams to ensure that project objectives are met.
Management of investor/stakeholder relationships:
• Manage relationships with existing and prospective investors/stakeholders. Also, build and maintain strong relationships with key partners and government players including shareholders’ support functions (financial, legal, regulatory, and industrial).
• Locate and propose potential business deals by remaining abreast of market opportunities, trends, and maintaining contact with existing and prospective stakeholders.
• Monitor regulatory environments and establish rapport with international regulators and industry leaders in order to ensure compliance with the latest applicable legal frameworks.
• Manage a sell down process that happens before project reaching commercial operation date
• As and when required, represent Masdar in conferences and in public forums ensuring that Masdar’s image and brand are well positioned at all times.
Qualification, Experience, & Skills:
• MBA or relevant Master’s degree from a top-tier internationally recognized higher education institution
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (preferably Chemical/Process), Science, Economics or any other related field
• At least 10 years of business development experience within the energy sector (clean and traditional), chemicals, utilities, major multinational industrial development, high tech manufacturing company or major EPC company with hands-on experience in project origination, development, and implementation
• Successful track record of origination, development and portfolio management of private equity backed companies
• Experience relevant to the region of assignment is essential
• Proven track record of developing and delivering large scale business and investment opportunities (significant CAPEX & OPEX) in relevant industries
• Experience in alternative energy technologies and clean power is an advantage
• Commercial/consulting experience in hydrogen and derivatives or adjacent industries
• Previous technical and site experience in hydrogen and derivatives is an advantage
• Ability to operate in an international environment and the ability to adapt to different cultural situations Exposure to target markets in Europe, the US and Asia (esp. Japan, South Korea) is seen as a plus
• Strong Offtake negotiation skills
• Strong knowledge of Project financing and structuring
• Strong knowledge of renewables,hydrogen and derivatives, and de-carbonization initiatives/technologies
• Extensive knowledge of finance, economics and business development, and Capital Project Development Process
• Transaction execution skills, including affinity with legal documentation (MOU, SPA, DSA, SHA, PPA, etc.)
• Knowledge of traditional energy industry
• Exceptional communication skills and able to work in a dynamic, fast paced, diverse environment.
• Ability to prioritize actions and work within a diverse team
• Able to negotiate and influence
• Project administration and legal knowledge
• Project management skills and planning and organizing skills
• Problem Solver
• Highest standards of Ethics & Compliance and Respect of confidentiality terms.
• Demonstrate at all times, an overriding commitment and responsibility towards HSE and Quality Standards, as well as, protecting Masdar’s Green Hydrogen business secrets, technologies, and Licensor Information, and safeguarding the business against any sort of leaks.
• Attention to detail