About the job
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
About The Opportunity
Sustainability advisory serves an integral part of the Middle East operations, delivering specialist inputs in support of major development and infrastructure projects across the MENA region. Our aim is to work with internal and external clients to provide additional and strategic level value-added services, contributing to the development and implementation of sustainability policies, frameworks and design reviews.
The breadth of work includes Sustainability Strategy, Sustainable Urban Development, Sustainable Infrastructure, Sustainable Buildings, Sustainable Operations, Renewable Energy, Carbon Management, and Stakeholder & Market Engagement. We work closely with all infrastructure sectors and have undertaken studies across the Urban Development, Built Environment, Healthcare, Transportation & Water Sectors.
We are looking for an experienced Sustainability consultant to join our team in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, with specific experience in project management. The role will primarily involve supporting our work within inclusive growth in the oversight and delivery of technical work and developing proposals for our clients.
- You will be responsible for developing and implementing Sustainability Strategies including setting the vision & goals of key objectives, benchmarking and assessing internal & external drivers.
- Working closely with the team to developing governance documents, including national and international policies, sustainability management plans & assurance standards.
- Overseeing sustainability performance management, framework planning, sustainable city planning and implementation for sustainable urban development principles.
- Assuring Sustainable Certifications of infrastructure projects such as LEED, CEEQUAL and WELL. Mostadam, Envision, et al.
- Management and implementation of the ISO certification process and initiatives to support certification.
- Reviewing design standards and guidelines and projects requiring design reviews along with climate change risk assessments and sustainable infrastructure and landscape initiatives, including integration of requirements into procurement & contract documents, design & construction management services, and production of sustainable materials guides.
Here’s What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Architecture or a construction related field with at least 8-12 years relevant experience.
- Certified LEED Accredited Professional (AP); Preferred WELL AP or other sustainability accreditation system.
- Knowledge of current sustainability standards LEED, BREEAM, Green Star, GSAS, or Estidama, Mostadam (KSA).
Job Reference ID MID00015Z