An extensive knowledge of Smart City technologies is essential which should be grounded with a deep understanding of the fast-paced R&D initiatives underway at both private and public sector institutions globally. Appreciation of the technology landscape and innovative concepts is essential and how different technologies and disruptive services fit together to form an integrated smart city system.
Delivery of a full range of Smart City services including; consultancy, engineering, solution development and productization as needed. A proven capability to deliver multiple projects is a key requisite.
Responsible to grow and maintain an external and internal Smart City ecosystem through relationship building and a strong industry presence.
- Identify, develop and deliver technologies, solutions, applications, and ideas that can be leveraged to advance the PIF mission in line with the Saudi 2030 vision throughout the Kingdom.
- Drive the business strategy for Smart City deployments including leading the team’s input for tender responses in Smart City and related fields.
- Lead and oversee the delivery of Smart City pilots and projects across multiple industry domains which include both consultancy and solution / product deployment.
- Work with the PIF Strategy team to identify and build relevant industry partnerships in order to support the Smart City strategy
- The Center of Excellence is a key innovation flywheel in PIF and thus a major area for development of the Smart City, a critical aspect will be the two-way interface other innovation teams across PIF and related entities, to build capability and share knowledge and strategies.
- Makes regular recommendations for new technologies and product offerings through a knowledge of the Smart City technology landscape and revolution.
- Leads current and futures trends and serve as the internal and external subject matter expert for Smart City offerings.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Minimum; Bachelor’s degree in a technology / IT/ engineering related field, chartered status is preferred
- 10-15 years’ successful experience in various technology-driven business development, design and deployment projects around the world.
- As a recognized professional in the Smart Cities industry, the candidate shall be the representative of PIF and shall have proven experience of publishing thought pieces, journal papers and have extensive experience presenting at industry relevant conferences and events (as determined by PIF)
- Identification of new areas of work, to keep ahead of industry trends identifying opportunities to diversify the portfolio and disrupt the industry.
- Proven experience of the Smart City ecosystem – transport, energy, water, etc – with a particular emphasis on groundbreaking .
- The candidate must demonstrate strong communications and analytical skills and the ability to pay careful attention to details and must have the capacity to work well in groups.
- Appreciation and understanding of the wider technology research is key and the role Smart Cities can play within the delivery of a wider program of work.
- The candidate shall have excellent project management and communication skills.
Minimum Clearance Required To Start
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.