Yellow Door Energy is looking for a Solar Project Engineer to join its team and support the company’s strategic growth. The ideal candidate will be excited about bringing clean energy solutions to businesses in South Asia, the Middle East and Africa.
The Solar Project Engineer plans, designs and executes solar energy projects and manages everything from SME rooftop installations to large-scale municipal projects, being responsible for hassle-free solar installation for the customer. S/he acts as a nerve center and coordinate with various teams and is responsible for transforming the good electrical and civil design on paper into the actual field.
The Solar Project Engineer is in charge of ensuring the installation of the solar panels for rooftop and ground mounted, including layouts and schematic diagrams and calculation of technical sizing.
S/he is required to work at heights and follow YDE standards and HSE regulations.
Key Result Areas and Responsibilities
1: Project Execution
- Manage the project from once the EPC contract is signed to PAC by planning the project milestones and execution process.
- Create plans for solar energy system development, monitoring, and evaluation activities.
- Prepare detailed work plans and drive the contractor to align all the work activity to utilize the full manpower and all man hours while maintaining YDE standards and specifications.
- Monitor the project progress and ensure the project’s timeline are meet.
- Coordinate with the client and contractor regarding the project requirements to smoothen the process.
- Maintain a good relationship with client by conducting weekly meetings and keep them updated with project progress.
- Site engineering and problem solving.
- Ensuring that all the submitted design documents are meeting the required specification.
- Apply the knowledge of HSE to ensure the project follows YDE’s HSE guidelines.
- Conduct engineering site audits to collect structural, electrical, and related site information for use in the design of commercial solar power systems.
- Collect data about project sites.
- Review specifications and recommend engineering or manufacturing changes to achieve solar design objectives.
- Evaluate plans or specifications to determine technological or environmental implications.
2: Project Evaluation
- Evaluate the sub contractors.
- Inspect finished products to locate flaws.
- Perform cost reduction analyses for solar systems.
- Create checklists for review or inspection of completed solar installation projects.
- Test or evaluate photovoltaic (PV) cells or modules.
- Analyze costs and benefits of proposed designs or projects.
- Recommend technical design or process changes to improve efficiency, quality, or performance.
- Closing the project with client and authorities.
Technical Competencies and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, renewable energy or comparable field.
- Minimum 5 years in the renewable energy sector working on solar PV projects and installation and commissioning of small or mid-size utility scale projects.
- Awareness of cultural differences and HSE regulations.
- Project Management certificates (PMP or Prince 2)
- Experience of working in a multinational, multi-segment environment.
- On-Grid roof top experience of 100kW-900kW is preferred.
- DEWA certified.
Anticipate and provide necessary technical support (method statements, design, drawings, structural calculations, quality plan).
Experience with AutoCAD and PVSyst.
Experience with HSE Regulations.