Job Description Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Sustainability & Environmental Specialist to join our team! In this role you will get to contribute to the environmental and sustainability strategies for the delivery of challenging high-quality infrastructure and masterplan projects. What You’ll Be Doing
- Be part of complex project teams which require sustainability evaluation and environmental compliance, from conception to project completion.
- Provide technical guidance to project teams during planning, design development, tendering and construction supervision to enable achievement of projects sustainability and environmental goals, and project permits.
- Develop technical reports and studies for sustainability certification and environmental documentation as part of project deliverables.
- Prepare RFPs to appoint the most suitable sub-consultants for any given project.
- Assess and manage the appointed sub-consultants.
- Review the S&E studies conducted by sub-consultants.
- Prepare and submit permit and license applications, and coordinate with authorities to secure approvals.
- Prepare community operational solid waste management plans as part of sustainability certification documentation.
- Review and respond to RFIs and other technical queries, and coordinate with stakeholders to obtain information as required.
- Review deliverables prepared by consultants, suppliers, and contractors for accuracy and quality.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or above in architecture, engineering, planning, or related natural sciences field.
- Work experience of 3-5 years in an international engineering design and project management or sustainability consultancy.
- Estidama PCRS PQP (Pearl Community Rating System Pearl Qualified Professional) experience and commitment to secure qualification within one month of employment.
- Documented completion of at least one additional sustainability credential, LEED GA/AP, or equivalent, as a minimum (additional credentials a plus).
- Analytical skills for assessing suitable sub-consultants.
- Detail oriented, well-organized, and able to work independently as well as part of a team, on multiple projects in parallel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in the English language for use in preparation of and delivery of high-quality documents in terms of grammar, composition, formatting, layout, spelling and organization.
What Desired Skills You’ll Bring
- Master’s degree in architecture, engineering, planning, or related natural sciences field.
- Documented participation in the preparation of a third-party sustainability certification application (e.g., LEED, Envision, Estidama), including at least two (2) completed, certified projects.
- Experience in coordinating with diverse individuals and teams including client, consultant, contractor, design, and construction members to enable achievement of project sustainability objectives and targets.
- Bring a clear understanding of global good sustainability consultancy practices and delivery of projects that include bespoke sustainability advice.
Minimum Clearance Required To Start Not Applicable/None Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.