Technical Advisor | Al Futtaim Automotive | Toyota – استشاري تقني – الفطيم للسيارات – تويوتا
- دوام كامل
About the job
Job Requisition ID: 156196
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview Of The Role:
The primary function of the Technical Advisor (TA) is the symptom confirmation, diagnosis & repair of complex customer vehicle concerns based on direct interaction & road test with the customer, to identify the location, source and magnitude of the customer complaint.
What You Will Do:
- Diagnosis, Road test & confirmation of complicated Advance General Repair complaints with customers directly, as received by the Service Advisor.
- Offers customers a detailed technical explanation (where required), in simple non-technical terms, to ensure clear customer understanding.
- TA must act as the technical expert at each branch and assist with complex diagnosis and difficult to repair cases as per Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) Technical standards.
- Responsible for the quality and on time submission of Branch Field Technical Report to Aftersales Distributor Operations for Early Detection Early Resolution (EDER), for Product improvements, based on Service Center feedback, as per the Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) way. .
- Performs Repair completion as per hours allocates for the task.
- Works in accordance with workshop and Centre Health & Safety requirements
- Takes personal responsibility for the daily maintenance of workshop equipment, and reports equipment defects or problems that need attention
- Follows key processes to achieve specified quality and efficiency targets
- Works with the Service Centre to develop improved & more efficient processes.
- Coaches and supports apprentice technicians – for example by explaining a repair on a step-by-step basis as it is being carried out, or allowing an apprentice to carry out part of a job.
- Provides assistance and guidance to colleagues who are less skilled or knowledgeable about a particular vehicle or technology
- Conduct “On the Job” training with colleagues to maintain workshop standards of cleanliness and tidiness
- Attends specialised training as per business &/or Toyota Motor Corporation requirements.
- Ensures the Service Advisor is updated at all times with the communication with customer.
- Ensures opportunities for sales are followed up by the most appropriate specialist.
- Reports on technical problems using appropriate procedures when dealing with customers and TMC.
Required Skills To Be Successful:
Knowledge of analysing work structure
Certification of Technical Development and Technical Skills
Diagnosis & repair of complex customer vehicle concerns
Keen attention to detail
About The Team:
The role will report to Workshop Supervisor and closely work with busy automotive workshop environment.
What Equips You For The Role:
Degree/ Diploma in Automobile / Mechanical Engineering
About Al-Futtaim Automotive
Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in similar role
A major division of the UAE-based Al-Futtaim Group of companies, Al-Futtaim Automotive is an industry leader with presence in 10 countries across the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
Our core business activities at Al-Futtaim Automotive include distribution, manufacturing, leasing and aftersales, and we are firmly established as the regional representative of some of the world’s most iconic automotive brands: Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Volvo and RAM.
We are driven by a customer-centric approach, constantly pushing the boundaries on innovation, quality standards, and value-added service across our vast universe of customers – right from motoring enthusiasts to fleet operators to contractors. Our mission is to become the leader in custom-made mobility solutions by delivering nothing less than world-class omni-channel experiences.
We channel our local expertise and global trust to deliver one of the most comprehensive portfolios of mobility products and solutions, from passenger cars to SUVs, electric vehicles to high-performance motorbikes, commercial vehicles to industrial & construction equipment.
What keeps the company moving forward is a 9000-member strong team, with inspiring possibilities for growth, throughout the career path. This is Al-Futtaim Automotive and we empower talent to move forward.