Technical Engineer – Electrical – مهندس تقني – كهرباء
- دوام كامل
• Will follow up the plant construction, mainly focused on the Electrical Special Facilities and electrical connections with SWRO plant, with the assistance of the Owner’s Engineer to ensure that it is performed properly in terms of quality, schedule and budget in line with the EPC Contract.
• Will report to the Construction Director any anomalies identified on site in terms of safety/quality/etc.
• Monitors the work at site and liaises with and coordinates the efforts of the Owner’s Engineer, the local contractors, if any, the local authorities, interface parties and the EPC Contractor. He is there to support the Construction Director in all its activities.
• Make sure that agreed corrective actions to mitigate the effects of variances are by the EPC contractor.
• Will monitor and keep updated when needed the overall schedule of the plant and Special Electrical Facilities construction integrating the EPC schedule with the schedule of permits, authorizations and other contractual obligations.
• Will attend on timely manner the technical meetings with the EPC Contractor, Saudi Electricity Company (SEC), Off takers, water suppliers, Environmental Authorities and any other stakeholder of the project when needed.
• Will review the testing and commissioning procedures received from the EPC Contractor with the Owner’s Engineer and the Construction Director.
• Will follow and supervise all electrical commissioning activities on behalf of the Project Company based on the EPC procedures together with Owner’s Engineer.
• Will understand Performance Test procedure/report and assist Owner’s Engineer and Construction Director in issuing report to the Off taker based on PPA.
• Will attend and actively participate to design review meeting session with the Construction Director and with the support of the OE.
• Will ensure ENGIE MESCATA HSSE standards are applied and strictly followed.
• Works in partnership with the Project Company’s Health and Safety Officer, to ensure that the EPC Contractor implements health and safety and environmental measures on site in accordance with the EPC Contract.
• Will assist the Construction Director on analyzing request for Change Order received from the EPC Contractor and give recommendations.
• Will handle technical issues which may occur during the construction of the Plant with the support of the OE.
• Will contribute on the issuance of the Weekly Progress Report, Monthly Progress Report for the Project Company.
• Will write technical Memo summarizing issues which occurred during the design review stage and/or at the site.
• Will interact with the O&M Company to allow O&M team to have a smooth mobilization.
• Will manage all the interfaces between the Plant and the Third Parties (Off-taker, Load Dispatch Center, Saudi Electricity Company, local authorities, fire brigade, gas supplier, fuel oil supplier, Environmental Authorities as applicable).
• Will assist when needed to host various visitors at the site (Engie management, Authorities, etc.).
The Project Technical Engineer will report to the Construction Director.
The key and additional responsibilities of this position shall be as follows:
- Monitor the project daily activities to the required standards of health safety, environment and quality (with the assistance of the HSE offices), to achieve the performance tests;
- Monitoring, coordinating, reporting of the EPC Contractor’s activities at site and also during the design review stage with a view to defend the best interest of the Project Company;
- Following the activities of the Owner’s Engineer team on different sites;
- Ensuring a smooth and timely completion of all interface activities/information exchanges to the Project Co management team and the Off taker
- Attend all the weekly meetings with the EPC contractor and the Owner’s Engineer to stay on-track on all the activities going on and the future ones.
• Candidate should possess a Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree on Electrical discipline.
• Post Graduate Diploma or Professional Degree in Engineering (electrical with mechanical or environmental background would be a plus).
• At least 5 – 7 year(s) of working experience in the related field of Construction Project technical engineer preferably large power/water plant is required for this position.
• Experience in the Gulf area is preferred.
• Ambition and determination to implement best practices.
Curiosity to spot and identify potential issues on the ground
• Leadership and interpersonal skills to drive implementation through others and influence the activity of contractors at the site.
• Ability to use MS Office Applications i.e., MS Word/Excel & Power Point.
Special Conditions Pertaining to the Job
• Saudi national is required
• Located in KSA Yanbu
• Full Time
Field: Construction / Operations
Job Level: With management
Employee Status: Regular
Primary Location: KSA